Thursday, May 31, 2012

Co-operation

It helps when painting a horse, that the horse has no complaints about
the colour intended. I have been working on and off on this PS Pebbles
WB for a couple weeks now, and even though we haven't had anywhere near
as many arguements as the last horse I painted,
there has been some uncertainty as to what colour he actually wants to
be! First it was dun, after he got some darker splotches on him I
decided he needed to be a bit darker, so I though bay, like Momentum, but alas, he doesn't want to be that dark and looked to me more flaxen liver chestnut.

This was him at about 9.30 this morning. I have put another couple of layers on him since, but he isn't much darker.
As he is now, he is very close to just needing the details done and then he will be done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He looks great, well done on him so far!
Any more photos on how he's progressing, or do we have to wait until he is done? ;)
-Jess, Chestnut Hill Studio